Tips For Search Engine Optimization
Search engine optimization is the activity to improve the search engine result ranking of your website. This optimization techniques will make your website and its contents looks simple, attractive and informative. It will increase the number of visitors to your website. Here are some tips for search engine optimization to improve your site.
Basic Tips for Search Engine Optimization
Here are some simple tips for search engine optimization practices to improve page ranking of your website.
Page Title/Meta Title
Page title is essential in search engine optimization. Meta title is a group of words which appear as clickable link of a search engine result.
- Use unique page titles for each pages.
- Using targeted keyword in meta title helps the website to get highest page ranking.
- Page title should be simple and descriptive.
- The maximum number of characters in a page title is 55-60, and it shouldn’t below 40 characters.
- The page title can include the name of the website / business, location, focuses, offers etc ..
Meta Description/Meta Tag
Meta tag is the summary of what the page is about. It is also called meta description. If you are not adding meta description for your page, Google will choose a part of your page’s content as meta description. Consider this description is an introduction of your page to the users. So the description should be simple and informative about what the page contain.
Use unique meta description for each pages.
- The maximum number of characters in meta description is 155-160 words.
- Use keywords in your description. But don’t add too many keywords and avoid the repeating of keywords.
Domain names are used in the URLs to identify a particular website. Presence of Keyword in the domain name is important. But is should be simple, short and memorable.
Use of Keyword
Use of keywords in a webpage is a great tip for Search engine optimization. Because if a user is searching for something, initially the search engine will show the page title and description of the webpage. If the user is satisfied with the title and description then only the user will open your webpage. So the presence of the keywords will definitely improve the user satisfaction and increase the number of visitors of your webpage.
- Use focusing keyword in your title tag, meta description and URLs are very important in SEO.
- You can use focusing keyword in your page head line(H1) and also you can use it in your sub-headlines(H2,H3 etc)
- You should use focusing keyword in your content. Use of focusing keywords in your content is good, but don’t overdo it. Recommended keyword density is 1-3%. Stuffing of keywords in your webpage is content spamming. Higher number of keywords never give you a high search engine ranking.
- Try to add focusing keyword before or after full stop or coma.
- Don’t use exact focusing keyword for more than one post. Because there will be a competition will occur between the pages and it will definitely affect the page ranking of your page.
Content optimization is very influential in search engine optimization. Content of your webpage is the king in search engine optimization. So content optimization is essential tip for Search engine optimization. Content part contains the detailed description or information about your webpage. The content should be simple, meaningful, unique and informative. Content should be fresh, because search engine always love new content. Quality and Quantity of content in a webpage is very important in seo. The minimum number of words in a content is 300.
- Content should be simple and informative.
- Avoid spelling mistakes and grammatical mistakes.
- Try to add keywords in the content.
- Try to add keyword before a full stop or coma.
- Add images and links in the content.
- Try to Add some important words in bold letters.
- Add shorter sentences with less difficult words.
- Add minimum 300 words in a content.
Keyword Density is the ratio of keywords with in the total number of words in a content. Recommended keywords in a content is 1-3%. Adding focusing keyword in the content is good, but don’t over do it. Adding too many keywords in your content is keyword spamming. Suppose your website content contains 100 words, you can add 1 keyword in it. ie, One Keyword per hundred words.
Images in a content will improve the attraction of your site. Try to add informative and attractive images in your webpage which is related to your keyword or content. Presence of images in tour webpage will definitely improve the readability of your page.
Alt Text is the alternative text that we are added in the HTML of the page. It is the text that describe an image to search engines. Try to add keywords as your Alt text for at least one image.
Addition of Hyperlinks
Adding links to your webpage will improve the page ranking of your page.
- Internal Link – Internal link is the hyperlink that direct you to a new webpage or area of same website or domain.
- External Link – External link is the hyperlink that direct you to a new website. External linking is not good for your website. Because these type of linking will pass the power or equity of our webpage to another page. Transfer of the power or equity from our website to another website is known as Link Juice. So it will definitely affect your webpage’s page ranking. Apply nofollow relation to that anchor tag to prevent link juice
- Inbound links are the hyperlinks which are coming to our website from another website. It is commonly known as “ Back Links “.
- Outbound links are the links which are going to another site from our site. It is commonly known as “Out going links”.
These are some important tips for search engine optimization to improve your page ranking. You can follow these steps for higher page ranking of your website.